The origins of the pharmacy
From her beginnings in pharmacy at the Université de Montréal, Carole was already imagining the pharmacy of her dream, based on proximity with her patients and on the understanding of all health aspects in a patient’s life. After many years of working in the pharmaceutical industry, Carole still had her pharmacy in mind. She decided to go back to school to resume her pharmacist license. She then opened her dream pharmacy three years later, on the day of her fiftieth birthday.
From the classification of drugs to the interior design of the pharmacy, through the procedures for employees and the many services offered to patients, the Pharmacie Carole Cyr presents a new concept of pharmacy practice, which also wants to meet the changing needs of patients and the difficulties of pharmacists.
The pharmacy was born from Carole’s observations during the years she spent in the medical community.
Carole has based her concept on a personalized, complete and comprehensive approach, adapted to each patient. Communication and proximity are its main vectors of success, since it aims to support each patient in improving their overall health.
Some key events
- On April 18, 2016, the Pharmacie Carole Cyr opens its doors in the Pointe-Saint-Charles neighbourhood in Montreal. A long awaited dream finally comes true!
- Pharmacists at the Pharmacie Carole Cyr can share their expertise in dermo-cosmetics and advise you on different products for the skin.
- The pharmacy opens the doors of its travel clinic: it offers advice regarding the preparation of a trip, prescriptions, personalized first aid kits and it even offers the necessary vaccinations.
- After exhaustive research, our pharmacists offer what they consider the best in sports nutrition.
- The pharmacy offers natural and vegan products.
- Pharmacie Carole Cyr wants offer the best of what’s out there in connected health-related technology: bluetooth scales, activity bracelets, apps, and more!
- The pharmacy team gives conferences on the dangers of self-medication and how to reduce its medication consumption for the elderly living in the neighbourhood.
- In September 2019, the pharmacy creates the Donnez au suivant programme: we collect second-hand home care accessories and tools and we redistribute them for free to people in need.
- In November 2019, the Pharmacie Carole Cyr won the 2019 Québec’s Community Pharmacy of the Year Award! It recognizes the innovation, the dedication and the excellent leadership of a team which is committed to improve its service to its clients.
- In March 2020, we become a certified store for SIGVARIS support stockings.
- In October 2020, a pharmaceutical care office opens in our premises.
- In November 2020, pharmacies in Quebec are now authorized to vaccinate. Our pharmacy launched its first private/public vaccination campaign against the influenza.